Rob Wheeler, experienced commercial director of Medialive Casino, tells about prosperity and success of Medialive

– Please give us an introduction to the company, who are Medialive?

– Medialive Casino is a specialist “Live Dealer” software provider, the company was founded in 2005. Today we are the market leader in the Italian market, with over 50% market share. Italy contributes 60% of the company’s revenues, the other 40% of our revenues comes from international markets. The company’s gaming studios are located in Qormi in Malta and we are licensed in Malta, the UK, the Isle of Man, Italy, Estonia and Latvia.

– Tell us more about the calibre and the gaming experience of the Medialive team?

– The management team combined, brings fifty years of experience across online and land based gaming. That is very important to us, we can bring a true omni-channel approach, providing the genuine stepping stone between land based and online gaming. In addition to providing networked and private tables from our studios in Malta we have been working with land based casino groups since 2012, providing live streaming from casinos including Hit Group in Slovenia, Olympic Entertainment in the Baltics and Casino Di San Remo in Italy (the largest casino in Italy). In fact we stream from more land based casinos than any other Live Dealer provider.

Streaming from land based casinos, provides further localisation, brand recognition and ultimately the excitement of playing a real world casino from the comfort of your desktop or mobile device.

– What are the key differentiators that have contributed to the Medialive success story so far?

– We are a completely product led company, our development team have a passion for delivering the best live dealer experience for Roulette, Black Jack and Baccarat to the player that we possibly can. The development team always has the VIP player in mind when they develop our games, we want everything about the game to represent a true casino experience, the same immersive experience as if you walked in to a land based casino, moving between the tables but enjoying the same high level of quality & experience regardless of the table you chose, you could says ours is a “casino purist” approach.

In short we focus on delivering a compelling gaming experience, to the highest production quality, across device to make sure players enjoy their player session and that ultimately we drive high revenues to the operator as the players keep coming back, time and time again.

– What’s new in your product roadmap?

– At the end of May we will start streaming live games from Casino Ventura in Columbia. Medialive will be the first licensed live dealer provider in Columbia, through our partnership with Casino Ventura, this is a massive USP for our operators with LATAM player exposure. In addition, our development team has started the work on the roll out of a new player interface design. To date we have supported flash for Desktop and HTML5 for mobile, going forwards we will be truly Mobile first, everything will be built in HTLM5 only. We will deliver the new Black Jack design first in July, followed by Roulette in September and Baccarat before year end 2018.

– What does the future hold, what are your plans?

– At SIGMA 2017 & ICE 2018 we showcased our new Medialive VR Roulette. We use an Oculus Go head set coupled with a Samsung S7 or S8 phone to deliver a truly immersive experience to the player. The player puts on the head set and is playing Roulette in our Malta studios, they have a completely immersive 360 degree experience as if they were standing there in person. We utilise Augmented Reality technology to deliver the game, Augmented Reality overlays digital information on Real World objects, as opposed to Virtual Reality which utilises computer simulation to create a virtual world. The exciting thing about Augmented Reality is the technology exists in most Smart Phones, in over 3 Billion devices, with Virtual Reality it is estimated there are up to 100 Million devices worldwide, so the opportunity for AR is huge!

Operators could brand up the units (they cost circa €500 each) and send them out to reward their VIP players, land based casinos could brand them up too but take it a step further and they could allow players to play in their land based casino from the comfort of their own home, the opportunities are endless.

We are right at the start with this product and technology but there is huge potential, the Silcon Valley giants Google, Facebook and Apple are all investing heavily in Augmented Reality, Medialive are bringing it to the gaming industry right now. By 2021 Juniper Research believe over Half a Billion dollars will be wagered on gambling via virtual devices.

Follow us on