Being one of the most influential e-wallets since the concept first made its way in the world and always being on the high-rise of any Internet-based trend, it’s no surprise that PayPal gambling rapidly became famous. The way it’s meant to work fits like a glove the requirements of online gamblers, as well as those of online casinos, with many advantages that make it a preferred option for both depositing and withdrawing money from the online casinos’ accounts.
Sure, the history of this collaboration had its twists and turns, with an initial uprising in gambling on the US market using PayPal, followed by a hefty fine due to the changing US anti-gambling laws. Merging with another giant company raised the awareness level on gambling activities that PayPal prohibits. Adding extra cautions to the existing measures made it an even more attractive option for many online casinos.
Advantages of using PayPal
There are many advantages for all those involved in online gambling that accepts PayPal, on the players’ side, as well as from the casinos’ point of view. We’ll discuss those who get to answer the better part of the frequently asked questions:
- Firstly, the extra safety measures that using PayPal brings along. It’s a common trait for any e-wallet account, but it comes in handy because gamblers aren’t obliged to hand their financial data directly to the casino.
- Still, on the safe side, this service runs extra measures of security for checking out that the sites which accept working with them are legit and trustworthy
- Creating an account is easy, then making a deposit using this account is also straightforward, with money being shown in the casino’s balance instantly
- If a website allows for depositing money via PayPal, chances are, it’s going to be all right with withdrawing money this way, as well. This gives gamblers an extra option to receive their winnings.
Cons for using this service
There is a comprehensive PayPal casino list, with some very well-known names in the gambling community, sites based mostly outside the US. While the benefits of using PayPal are clear, some shortages also exist:
- The most obvious is that there are very few PayPal gambling sites USA-based, due to the company’s policy of making sure the sites they work with fully respect the licensing agreements in their area. So, when it comes down to the use of USA gambling sites, they resume solely to those states that allow online wagering, Nevada, and New Jersey, for instance.
- The fees that might derive from transferring money from the debit cards might make it a cheaper idea to use those cards directly to fund the casino account.
There are some clear advantages in the case of online gambling with PayPal, extra measures of security, and comfort being the main ones to be mentioned. However, the restrictions they impose on online casinos, which mostly affect US players, making it a preferred solution, although one that has some lacks in accessibility.Follow us on