Gamblers Post exclusive interview with Director of Product of Booming Games, Shane Cotter.
– First of all, please, tell a little to our readers about Booming Games.
– Booming Games is celebrating its fourth year of operation. Our passion for games has guided our growth in markets around the globe. In 2017, our company increased turnover by one thousand percent, leading us to expand options to our global customers with a full suite of support related services. Our customer needs have shaped our business and drive our future. In supporting our customers, we initiated a demanding game cadence, delivering two new casino games each month. Our customer relationships and understanding of market needs allows us to customize solutions and exceed expectations. With a robust roadmap and continual advancements, we strive to shape gaming’s future and we welcome our new customers to enjoy ‘The Winning Experience’.
– What was your company’s biggest achievement during these years?
– We have been extremely pleased with how well our games have been received, and how many geographically diverse top-tier clients are eager to partner with us.
When we started, I believe we were the only provider to have a full HTML5 portfolio, and to also accept cryptocurrencies.
Another point of pride for us was being nominated for 2 awards in Italy almost as soon as we set foot in the market. Now we’re very much looking forward to receiving licenses for a number of key jurisdictions, such as the UK, Denmark and Sweden.
We also pride ourselves on our work ethic. We are a small agile company, and as such, all teams work very closely together to ensure that we deliver on our vision. We never sit on our laurels, but rather we have an extremely exciting development roadmap, where, amongst other things we are completely reinventing our UI and are creating an entirely new game engine and back office.
– What technologies do you use to create your online and mobile games? What are the advantages of using them?
– We implement many of the latest technologies. GPU rendering, which improves the look & feel of the game and saves battery power; HTTP/2 for faster, more stable game loading from our globally distributed content delivery network; and the lastest security standards to guarantee safety and security for our players, both on the player device and our global infrastructure. Our infrastructure is the most modern serverless architecture, similar to that employed by Amazon and Google, which will guarantee 99,99% resiliance and safety.
– Describe the online gaming industry in Europe – how has it grown and how much competition is out there?
– While the online industry has grown massively in Europe over the last 5-10 years, especially through the growth of smart phones; regulation within Europe has dramatically changed the online landscape, and continues to do so; dictating such areas as minimum spin durations, the type of artwork or themes that are acceptable, and even how Free Spins can be used.
The other side of this is that competition is reduced within these regulated markets as not all suppliers & operators are in a position to obtain licenses.
In general, quality is increasing exponentially, and it’s the smaller more agile providers and the newer aggregators who have begun to drive the market; as the older and up-to-now ‘more established’ providers are starting to buckle under the weight of their technical debt and their lack of agility.
– What is your most popular slot game according to statistics?
– Our signature game ‘Booming Bananas’, which includes two-way-pay and the ability to gamble your winnings up to 10 times / €10,000, is killing it in every jurisdiction, and has a wide following of players from VIPs to new slots players. We see fantastic results across all KPIs from session duration to player return rates to bet sizes. Players, myself included, just can’t get enough of this game.
– Can we expect any new games to be released in the upcoming months? What will they be about?
– We have some fantastic innovative games in the pipeline, with a variety of markets/players in mind. Next month’s two releases promise to be huge hits with players.
On the 9th October we will be releasing Feng Shui Kitties, a 3×3 Asian themed game with awarded two-way-pay, an 8X multiplier and Freespins.
Sugar Skulls; a ‘day of the dead’ themed game with a twist, will be released on the 23rd October in time for Halloween, and features amongst other things a Freespins comprising entirely of stacked major symbols, all minors having been removed from the gameboard.
Follow us on